TEKsystems' client is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Specialist. This Sr. Cyber Security Specialist will contribute to the effective operation of the client's Cyber Security team to achieve milestones and objectives in the assessment, implementation and operation of technical and procedural controls of the Company's Cyber Security infrastructure for the purposes of ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and resources.
Why this Position?
This will give an individual the chance to come in and not only get involved technically, but also at a mentor level. The person you are replacing was not only heads-down in the security tools but also mentoring junior level engineers and helping them through specific issues they are having. You are also the one managing the program that is securing the industrial controls environment in Mexico, so they are one of the main players in implementing security standards at these locations in Mexico. You're coming into a position where ideally, you will make an impact immediately.
- Great benefits for perm employees.
- This team is collaborative and very detail - orientated. It is considered a smaller team (5 including this person) - could be a good EVP for someone who may have gotten lost in the mix of a big team
- They sit in a new building down town with views overlooking the city and Petco Park! The building has a beautiful cafe that serves breakfast, Starbucks coffee, and lunch. They also have onsite work out facilities and break areas.
Top 3 Skills : We are looking for someone with 7+ years within the below
- Experience within End Point Security, preferably McAfee (open to other tools)
- Tipping Point Intrusion Detection System experience
- Patching experience, ideally within Ivanti (open to other tools)
Nice to have's
- Spanish Speaking (will be interacting with employees in locations in Mexico
- Splunk (will be expected to have some 'lead' qualities - helping Jr. level engineers)
This person will be responsible for managing and securing the industrial controls in their Mexico locations. They have a number of plants in Mexico that focus on Solar, Hydrocarbon Storage, and Pipelines - this individuals will be implementing standard security sweets to each environment.
Day-Day explained by Manager:
- Heads down working in the tools mentioned in the top 3
- Communicating with entities to coordinate activities to ensure things are going into production
- Meeting with new sites to help them build their security architecture
- Help / Mentor Jr. Engineers to complete some of their tasks
- Manage security controls that protect the enterprise
- Supervises and mentors Jr staff members to achieve security objectives
- Proactively discovers and develops new clients for our security offerings or additional security services for existing clients
- Assesses and mitigates risk based on known, hypothesized and perceived threats on enterprise and ICS systems across the Company environment
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the tools, techniques, threat landscape, and technical controls required to mitigate a broad variety of cyber threats
- Collaboratively works with industry groups to formulate additional use-cases of possible risk that add to the knowledge base of our industry
- Creates new designs that balance business needs, security controls and risk appetites that span multiple technical domains
- Demonstrates deep understanding of IT system architecture and functionality.
- Understands and can utilize core level system functionality to assist in troubleshooting issues quickly and efficiently.
- Can assist others in diagnosing and resolving issues regarding system behavior
- Works with strategic vendors to develop or enhance security technologies four benefit of the client
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and operate cybersecurity technology and provide expertise in area of focus (e.g. Risk Assessments, Controls Engineering or Incident Response)
- Provide awareness and guidance within the Company on secure business processes, architecture design, and technical controls
- Maintain awareness of evolving cybersecurity threats and best practices for mitigation.
- Mentor Cybersecurity staff on best practice security controls and efficient processes.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for implementing information security systems and practices.
- This work will be done remotely - no anticipated travel to Mexico
- Minimum of 7+ years Direct experience within the information security field Required
- Experience leading projects of large and small security related initiatives to successful completion Required
- Demonstrated experience in vendor selection, testing, implementation, and operations of a broad array of security technologies Required
- Utility specific information security and/or related infrastructure background Preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in Spanish Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of multiple technical and procedural areas within the information security field and industry-recognized expertise in at least one cybersecurity discipline
- Ability to develop, execute and lead others to perform a quality security review process based on security policies, best practice and/or regulatory standards
- Ability to solve complex problems as well as have demonstrated expert troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding review findings and make resource-aware recommendations to management
- Strong analytical skills from a business prospective including operating, technical, financial and other related fields
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects within a team structure or leading a team as well as excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate complex topics simply, ability to communicate risk and appreciate opposing viewpoints
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification Required
- Targeted professional cybersecurity certifications (i.e. Global Information Security Professional (GISP) certification, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certificate or equivalent ) Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or other science or technology major Required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.