Brooksource is looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst to work with one of our Fortune 100 clients in the cable telecommunications industry. This is located out of St. Louis, MO and it's a 12-month contract-to-hire opportunity working full-time hours, with no travel required. This is a great chance for you to join a fast-paced, innovative, and growing team in the IT Data Governance space. Are you passionate about data, curious, and detailed oriented? If yes, this is the opportunity for you!
- Perform deep dive analysis into our client's data lake
- Understand how the data is moving, where it's going, and input into new catalog being installed by data governance group
- Responsible for analyzing data, interpreting results, identifying process improvements, trends, and patterns
- Write SQL queries to find answers to complex business questions.
- Analyze and mine business data to identify correlations and discover patterns from various data points.
- Manage master data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Identify any data quality issues and partialities in data acquisition.
- Implement new metrics for finding out formerly not so understood parts of the business.
- Map and trace the data from system to system for solving a given business problem.
- Coordinates with the engineering team to gather incremental new data.
- Design and create data reports using various reporting tools to help business executive make better decisions.
- Apply statistical analysis
- Company size: Fortune 100
- Hours: Standard 40-hour week (8am-5pm in office, no remote work)
- Dress code: Business casual
- Location: Maryland Heights, MO (off intersection of 70 and 141)
- 5-10+ years' experience in a data analytics role or in related field
- 4+ years' Data mining experience
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of metadata standards
- Ability to mine data from primary and secondary sources
- Experience with cleaning and dissecting data
- Ability to use statistical tools and techniques to analyze data, interpret results, and find trends and patterns
- Ability to identify process improvements and software solution recommendations
- Ability to read and write code to pull data using programming language such as Python, SQL, Oracle, Hive, Pig, Excel, SAS, R, or SPSS
- Strong problem-solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.