1. Experience maintaining, upgrading and supporting Oracle 12c in a production environment.
2. Experience deploying, maintaining, upgrading and supporting MS SQL or MySQL.
The Information Technology Services Division is seeking a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to become a member of the IT database development and support team. This team manages the full spectrum of database development and support activities. This position will be filled by an individual with an expert understanding of relational database structures, associated support and maintenance tasks, user/role management and replication activities. Candidate must have experience in working directly with customers to clearly understand requirements and in providing appropriate solutions and support to meet those needs.
Qualified candidates will hold a BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (equivalent work experience will be considered). Candidates must possess strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be expected to work closely and productively with the other DBA team members. In order to be considered for this position, candidates must possess working experience and knowledge of the following:
* Experience maintaining, upgrading and supporting Oracle 12c in a production environment.
* Experience deploying, maintaining, upgrading and supporting Postgres and MySQL.
* Deploying, upgrading, maintaining and supporting MSSQL Server 2016/2017.
* Ability to administer MSSQL Server availability groups and failover clusters.
* Understanding of SQL Server.
* Performing DBA activities including, but not limited to: backups, restores, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement.
* Performing database user administration including creating and modifying accounts and permissions.
* Creating shell scripts for relevant needs (ex. backing up data).
* Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with generating SQL code to include generating efficient and accurate select/update/delete commands, stored procedures and triggers.
* Linux operating system.
* Working in a development -> test -> production pipeline scenario.
Additionally, there are a number of skill and areas of experience that would be very beneficial to include:
* Familiarity with TSQL and SSIS.
* Database monitoring tools.
* Windows Administration
* Familiarity with frameworks for managing large scale processing and datasets (ex. Hadoop).
Candidates should possess 6+ years of direct experience in developing and supporting production databases.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.