Contract-to-Hire Senior Database Engineer role available with a premier client in Alpharetta, GA.
Client offers competitive compensation plus bonus, full benefits, 401k w/ match and MORE!
The Senior Database Engineers are expected to be results-oriented, have knowledge of new and legacy technologies, have knowledge of the relevant platforms and environments, and be familiar with the business process, functions and data within their domain to provide innovative, insightful and secure solutions in a highly agile work environment.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Architects, Developers, Service Managers, and Scrum Masters) to gather requirements and engineer solutions that meet business need and in alignment with the overall vision.
- Continually automate routine operational database tasks and provide the customers with options to self-service their requirements
- Develop highly available Database systems that can sustain operational and disaster scenarios
- Eliminate technical debt across Database infrastructure
- Research, recommend and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies partnering with development partners and other subject matter experts
- Optimize the database infrastructure by proactively gathering necessary metrics to analyze and forecast the DB resources and minimize or eliminate any database related impact.
- Be the database subject matter expert/partner for the development teams and work with them to ensure the database is always performing at the best possible levels
- Create efficiencies by identifying and providing solutions that automate all aspects of planning, provisioning, and maintaining Database infrastructure.
- Frequently is a liaison between vendors, developers, clients, infrastructure engineers and management. Enhances customer service and relationships with clients
- In depth knowledge in Data Modeling/Data Architecture, Database infrastructure Architecture, Design, and implementation for RDBMS, NO SQL and Big Data technologies
- Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, Operating systems and storage subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
- Expert in one or more areas of performance tuning, Backup and Recovery, High Availability, data replication, and automation, related to one or more database technologies
- Expertise with Oracle and knowledgeable with other NO SQL DB technologies like Mongo.
- Familiarity/expertise in open source DB technologies.
- Prior experience in implementing/managing SQL Server or other database systems in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
- Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment
- Demonstrated background in automation using one or more development tools like Powershell, Python, Ansible, HPOO, Bladelogic, C , Java, Perl or equivalent tools/languages
- Experience in big data and nosql technologies (Hadoop umbrella of technologies, Mongo, Gemfire, Graph, Cassandra), PostGres, MySQL