Job Req #: 21-03070
Job Description: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Remote- Expecting Occasional Onsite work in Aurora, CO Post Covid
One of our enterprise managed service client who accelerate their over 4K customer base to success daily through people and technology is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join their team in a direct hire position!
Key Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Ability to support but not an expert in a microservice based app built with .Net, AWS, Kafka, EKS, EventStoreDB, PostgreSQL RDS, ELK, Terraform, Flux and Git to name a few core pieces.
- Working closely with internal teams to help guide the next steps on an internal application, suggesting improvements on both the core platform and integrating with teams for improvements with the applications.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair issues within production Linux OS, Windows server, and container environments.
- Perform system patching, software updates, and deployments consistent with change management processes in defined maintenance windows.
- Respond quickly to system outages and alerts.
- Coordinate communication with other teams and facilitate escalations of issues as appropriate.
- Apply and support automation using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Design, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain cloud environments.
- Write and maintain as-built documentation and diagrams of environments.
- Consult with customers to solve technical and business challenges through gathering customer requirements, evaluating options, and selecting and implementing technologies.
- Perform security, performance, and availability assessments.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain secure, scalable network systems using technology from a variety of vendors.
- Learn (and share) new skills through independent research, formal training, and industry events.
- A four-year degree, preferably in computer science or a related field
- Two to five years of hands-on system administration or system engineering experience
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- A commitment to providing our customers with 100% satisfaction
- A passion for DevOps tools and culture
- Senior-level Linux skills
- Experience with DevOps Methodology and Tools
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD Methodology
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with at least one programming language, Python preferred
- The Linux Foundation Certified Kubernetes Administrator Certification
- AWS certified associate level or higher (AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!