Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer
The Intersect Group is seeking a Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer for our client in Irving, Texas.
- Assist teams with application code and infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Help teams implement and improve their Git operations workflows
- Manage the portfolio of platforms required to drive a modern continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
- Help develop test strategies and mature security practices
- Work across corporate teams to implement SRE methodologies
- Balance work efforts captured in meetings, trouble tickets and project plans
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Environment and application automation
- CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy
- Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
- AWS Cost Management and Optimization
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of cloud computing and strong in AWS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and reading complex code using debuggers
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in DevOps or similar roles.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AWS tools and methodologies.
- The Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer will have 3+ years of development experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience with Mongo, MySQL and NoSQL databases.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Good knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation
- Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing
- Passion to understand, learn, and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.
- Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management
- Pluses: Security domain knowledge, Web Application Firewall
- Experience in Cloud Computing
- Proven experience on scaling cloud-based application with focus on automation
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python, JSON
- Skilled experience in Python libraries (NumPy, Pandas dataframe)
- Public cloud automaton tooling and scripting experience - CFn, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- Hands-on keyboard' AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services
- Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization - Docker, Amazon EKS, Lambda, EC2, S3, Amazon DocumentDB, PostgreSQL)
- The Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer will have strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 74702 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.