SNI Technology's client is actively looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer for an exciting direct-hire opportunity located in downtown Denver, CO!
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to architect, plan, implement, operate and document infrastructure related systems that align the business and IT objectives. The projects for this position will mostly center around Microsoft & Amazon Web Services core systems but a working knowledge of networking is a must.
The position requires strong communications skills with cross functional teams, global team members, business units and IT management. The engineer must have experience in implementing large scale global projects, creating requirements and scope documents, creating architecture and operations guide documentation, presentation skills, developing communications plans, transitioning operational tasks after steady state, training, experience with SaaS & IaaS implementations, creating DR plans, setting up monitoring, vendor management, and experience with solution frameworks.
We are looking for someone who has a passion to learn new technologies and to think outside the box to enhance innovation.
As a key member of our team, the AWS Cloud Engineer will work with development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Build and support templated Infrastructure and common deployment methods.
- Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
- Investigate and contribute to solving issues in production environments.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Build effective DevOps services, processes, and tooling.
- On call responsibilities (one weekly rotation, every 3-4 weeks)
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 7 years of software or infrastructure engineering experience
- Minimum of 4 years of AWS technology delivery experience
- AWS Certified highly desired
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with AWS cloud platform technologies such as API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, EC2, S3, ELB, VPN, SQS, SES, Cognito, CloudFront, CloudWatch, etc…
- Expertise with Azure DevOps, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell, JSON, YAML, Git
- Experience with SAML and Single Sign On technologies
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Redhat
- Expertise with LDAP, Winbind, Realm
- Expertise with hosted, spit DNS, including Route 53 and Active Directory DNS.
- Expertise with SSL certificates
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with following change management process
- Create DR plans and ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability
- Experience with creating requirements and scope documents, creating architecture and operations guide documentation