The Senior Director, Operations is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and focus to ensure operational performance excellence for one or more of Integer's largest/high growth and complex manufacturing facilities. Key responsibilities include delivery of best in class products to customers with zero quality defects, on time delivery, and year on year productivity improvements, as well as other business growth, continuous improvement, leadership development and people management initiatives. Ensure the company's continuation of its position as an industry leader.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Value and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Leads and develops a multi-function Plant leadership team, collaborating closely with matrix managers and enterprise leaders where appropriate to drive achievement of site safety, quality, on time delivery, revenue, cost improvement and associate engagement targets and initiatives.
- Drives performance and accountability; measure and monitor business performance, cost reduction programs and best in class, quality products and services to customers, leveraging KPIs/metrics.
- Champions Integer's Quality Policy and Vision; demonstrates a commitment to quality and 'putting the patient first'; ensures adherence to Quality System and customer change control systems.
- Accountable for quality standards across the site; champions continuous improvement activities that improve QA/RA metrics and drives ownership of QA/RA metrics.
- Fosters a continuous improvement culture; driving the development of innovative and effective cost reduction programs including the development and execution on the Integer Production System and other lean initiatives
- Leads new product introduction activities for the site including business, technical, and business process oversight.
- Develops annual financial plans with FP&A to support continuous growth and cost management; including preparing justifications and plans for investments in training, staffing, and capital equipment.
- Provides Monthly Operational performance summaries inclusive of a 12-month rolling financial forecast to achieve GM/AOI performance to changing revenues and product mix.
- Participates in business development activities that develop/enhance customer relationships and close sales, including business case, risk and technical assessments, and customer communication in partnership with the commercial team.
- Supports Customer Solutions activities within the facility including quoting and customer service.
- Manages people and develop talent consistently and within Integer Values, create an environment and culture where all Associates are able to contribute to their full potential.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering or similar technical discipline. Advanced degree (M.S,/M.B.A) preferred
- 15 years progressive leadership experience in a healthcare, regulated, or technology based manufacturing environment including prior site leader or plant manager experience; multi-site plant leadership a plus
- Proven track record of P&L management and delivering continuous improvement results by championing LEAN manufacturing methodologies and building and engaging high performance teams
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership in talent management; track record of attracting and developing high performing managers and building team capability in complex environments
- Able to analyze, understand and effectively communicate deep technical material
- Strategic mindset; able to develop a vision and long-range plan for the facility while effectively driving execution
- Led successful new product launches, transfers and experience developing new processes
- Capacity planning, supply chain and project management expertise
- Demonstrated results through building and sustaining Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement systems and cultures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public presentation skills essential
- If located outside US:
- Strong understanding of local cultural norms and demonstrated agility to navigate the local labor context as applicable; trade unions, works councils or consultative committees, trade union and local government networks (as applicable)
- Fluent spoken and written English essential
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to comply with all work rules particularly Health, Safety and Quality
- Able to travel and as necessary internationally