Title : Senior Electrical Engineer
Duration : 12 months contract
Location : Sterling Heights,MI
- As a Senior Electrical/Electronics Cabling/Design Engineer, responsibilities will be to optimize the design/design wiring harnesses and cable assemblies to integrate new and updated electrical power and electronic systems, subsystems and components.
- Skills Required
- Military ground vehicle wiring harness and cabling design experience
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles
- Working knowledge of Visio Technical, Pro-E, Pro-Cable and/or CADDS 5 System, subsystem and component specification development and the process to verify specifications
- Low voltage (28Vdc) power distribution and management (Solid State Power Controller/Programmable Power Controller)
- Vehicle Signal management (Sensor/Transducer Input/Output signal management)
- Smart Display Unit
- Working knowledge of military electrical connectors and electrical cabling specifications SAEJ1939 CANBus, Mil-Std – 1553, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols
- Integration of military communication/antenna systems including BFT, SINCGARS, DAGR, CREW2
- Responsible for technical decisions, which may impact project completion.
- Specify and design components from system, subsystem, or configuration item requirements and demonstrate through modeling, simulation and analysis or test that these requirements are met.
- Prepares engineering documentation (specification, ICDs, design documents, and technical/test reports) and complete technical data packages.
- Prepares cost estimates and schedules for assigned electrical design projects.
- Prepares Change Notices, Engineering Change Proposals and Engineering Orders as required to complete assignments.
- Monitors procurement, manufacturing, and delivery of components through purchasing and manufacturing departments to ensure that schedules are met.
- Guide drafters and designers in creating clear and releasable documents.
- Provides regular status reports to supervisor, project engineer, and customers as needed.