Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Melbourne, Florida 32902
Duration: 06 Months
- The primary responsibility for this position will be to lead a small team in development activities relating to new and existing products.
- This position will require managing and tracking the project from a cost / schedule perspective.
- This position will be heavily involved with planning the project in order to determine the best approach to be taken to accomplish the project goals.
- In addition, they will need to demonstrate a high level of professional competence and knowledge, and must have knowledge of principles and techniques commonly used in hardware development and qualification.
- Hardware skills: ability read complex electrical schematics and mechanical drawings is required
- Hardware skills: can update schematics, board layouts and mechanical drawings as desired
- Expand and apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on taking technical ownership of the product domain.
- Develop and document complex changes to hardware requirements documentation applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods for the management and tracking of hardware requirements baseline.
- Design, analyze, test, integrate, qualify and document hardware of a high complexity including multiple Engineering Change Orders.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical and systems engineering) to insure the electrical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach.
- Understand and utilize the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Contribute to the engineering estimates for limited to moderate scope electrical design problems.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of systems knowledge in the assigned areas.
- Apply and tailor internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for LRU development and documentation efforts. Ensure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and
- Capable of proactively identifying and communicating technical issues and help resolve these issues.
- Ensure these issues are elevated to project leadership for resolution.