Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Lawrence, Massachusetts
The incumbent will support product or process development activities related to the development, design or manufacturing of NxStage Medical’s equipment products.
● Apply state of the art methods to the creation of new circuit design for NxStage products
● Lead major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
● Perform Risk Analysis including, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Operator Misuse Analysis (OMA), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) activities to ensure process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
● Lead Risk Management activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
● Lead the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies
● Debugging new designs and developing reliability improvements to existing & new design
● Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation
● Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems or approaches
● Work with Quality Assurance and Research and Development to maintain an approved internal Quality System that meets the requirements of GMP’s, QSR and ISO 9001
● Support complex automated and semi-automated assembly and test equipment
● Lead improvement and corrective action projects using techniques such as DMAIC or 8-D and appropriate statistical tools.
● Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain.
● Facilitate collaboration between multiple manufacturing sites and business units.
● Create and review process, design, and fixture documentation including work guidelines, specifications, and CAD.
● Create and review validation plans considering design, process, end use, risk management, and current regulation and industry best practice.
● BS in Electrical Engineering
● MSEE Strongly Preferred
● 5+ years experience in electrical product engineering and development
● Experience with CPLD's preferred
● Analog, digital, power and motion control experience
● Advanced knowledge of Agile development methods
● Reliability design experience a plus
● Technical understanding in product development methodologies, design and implementation
● Advanced understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
● Fluent in the OrCad Capture & Allegro design suite, including CIS & CIP