Our Bowie, MD office is searching for a Sr. Electrical Engineer. The incumbent will possess proven time management skills. Excellent client relationships and networking skills; and the ability to manage several jobs with aggressive deadlines and demonstrate sound judgement and leadership capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design electrical instrumentation and controls/SCADA systems for water/wastewater treatment facilities including power distribution, motor controls, instrumentation and lighting.
• Assist in construction phase engineering tasks relating to the electrical instrumentation and controls system design.
• Prepare and review shop drawing reviews, requests for information, O&M manual reviews and startup/testing.
• Maintain internal/ external client relationships.
• Maintain communication with project team members.
• Deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Compile and analyze data for various types of projects and prepare reports.
• Manage projects professionally and meets the requirements of the firm’s QA/QC system.
• Diplomacy and discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
• Solid methods to problem resolution.
• Exercise sound judgment to interpret and draw conclusions from calculations.
• Demonstrates the firm’s core values in decision and interactions.
• Present recommendations to clients during workshops.
• Participates in project chartering.
• Construction phase engineering services; Prepare and check design computations for projects.
• Participate in multiple design projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• P.E. License
• 20 years’ of experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Understanding of PLCs
• Experience with AutoCAD 2010 or higher
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must be willing to travel
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Click on link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.