For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, services and solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Electronics Process Engineer for the organization at our Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ. Position Summary:
The Senior Electronics Process Engineer will support the manufacturing of ASCO electronic products. Implement new designs at contract manufacturers. Understand and support the production and test of electronic products. Review quality information and make production and component changes to constantly improve quality. Troubleshoot field issues and take corrective action.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and workflows to identify improvements.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Assist in new product prototype development in conjunction with the NPD team.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
- Review warranty reports and analyze data for trends.
- Serve as the technical expert on electronic assembly techniques.
- Serve as technical interface to ASCO manufacturing centers.
- Support new product development pilot production runs.
- Evaluates and recommends electronic components and design changes
- Develops, releases, and coordinates ECNs and new product releases with procurement and manufacturers.
- Evaluates components and processes for material environmental compliance.
- Visit third party manufacturers to review procedures and perform quality audits.
- Suggest design changes to improve reliability.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
• Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
• History of progressive responsibility a plus
• Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
• Experience with CAD programs a plus
• Willingness to travel to domestic and international manufacturing locations
• Understands electronics circuits, components, and manufacturing methods including component placement, soldering, and test.
• Must be able to manage details and keep deadlines
• Must be willing and able to learn new technologies and skills
• Knowledgeable with standard dimensioning and tolerancing techniques
• Knows methods of compliance with environmental regulations RoHS and REACH
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology required
• 7+ years’ design and quality control experience in product manufacturing