Senior Product Engineer, Electronics Software/Firmware will be primarily responsible for the design and development of new embedded electronics devices that will drive innovative controls and control systems in consumer appliances. As an integral member of the Cooking Electronics Team located in Springfield Tennessee, the successful candidate will provide the technical leadership and expertise in software development from conceptualization through production.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
1. Independently designs software/firmware for electronic controls and control systems having significant technical content.
2. Develops software specifications based off of a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design, and product specification.
3. Leads and participates in all stages of the embedded software development cycle, like software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, etc.
4. Performs software design review and code review.
5. Performs static code analysis, white-box testing, gray-box testing and involved in preparation and execution of firmware validation plans.
6. Develops PC based user interface software allowing engineers to configure, debug, and diagnose the embedded boards.
7. Develops detailed engineering documentation including software design document, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
8. Supports UL engineers on software/firmware related topics.
9. Participates in hardware design review and works with hardware engineers to provide alternative solutions.
10. Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
11. Estimates task durations and assists with the preparation of project.
12. Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
13. Works with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic components and assemblies.
14. Works closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage electronics suppliers.
15. Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
16. Performs special projects as directed by the Department Manager.
1. B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. M.S. degree is a plus.
2. Minimum five years of proven experience in developing embedded firmware, preferably in a consumer appliance product R&D environment.
3. Design/programming experience in C/C++ firmware for embedded system.
4. Must be capable to generate software specification from product specification.
5. Must be proficient with one of Renesas, Freescale, or ST controllers, and familiar with development environment/tools. Experience with IAR is a plus.
6. Must be capable to test/debug the firmware with oscilloscope, debuggers, emulators, and logic analyzer.
7. Willing to follow team's direction on software architecture and other software development processes. Ability to improve processes is a plus.
8. Knowledge and experience on modular software development is a plus.
9. Knowledge and experience with white-box testing, static code analysis, and IEC/UL60730 safety class B software are desired.
10. Experience with software configuration management is a plus. MKS is desired.
11. Experience with capacitive touch technology is a plus.
12. Knowledge and experience with hardware design is a plus.
13. Demonstrated track record in supporting all aspects of an electronics manufacturing organization to achieve required production rates.
14. Demonstrated track record in managing external suppliers to achieve required levels of quality, performance and delivery of sourced components, assemblies and sub assemblies.
15. Familiar with ANSI, UL, CSA, NEMA and IEC standards especially as they relate to consumer appliance products. 16. Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.
17. Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.
18. Ability to adapt to a very fast paced, loosely structured organization.
19. Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
20. Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams. 21. Knowledge and experience in systems integration and the interactions between hardware and software design.
22. Strong communications skills both written and oral.