Have you been looking for the chance to use your expertise to make a real difference in an organization? Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer - you will perform a variety of embedded engineering hardware work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. This position will plan, direct, coordinate and control engineering efforts on a major project or multiple smaller projects and provide expert analysis regarding the design, development, implementation and testing of technical products and systems. Incumbents receive general instruction regarding required tasks and expected results. Tasks typically relate to design, test, verification and reliability of mechanical and electromechanical food service products and systems.
Reporting directly to the Director Electronic Controls, this position is based at Welbilt's headquarters in New Port Richey, Florida.
- Work with innovation team to design embedded controls for foodservice appliances
- Develop hardware architecture documentation from product requirements and engineering concepts/prototypes.
- Develop comprehensive test plans and procedures against design requirements.
- Sustain embedded control designs for product improvement and maintaining lifecycle.
- Interface with internal customers and contract manufacturers to optimize designs.
- Formal root cause analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare concept sketches, detail drawings, design models and specification documents for product designs.
- Prepare root cause analysis, test performance, schedule and cost information, as required.
- Prepare progress reports, feasibility and concept studies, etc., as required.
- Assist in the preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of embedded systems experience is required.
- Experience in Design controls, Design verification, Test protocols and Test report generation.
- Proficiency with PCB Design Tools (Altium Designer preferred).
- Experience designing microprocessor and microcontroller-based controls.
- Familiarity with test equipment, such as spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc...
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Foodservice industry knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
*Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem™, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by two service brands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand. Headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida, supported by over 4,500 employees and operating 19 facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.