Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be a seasoned programmer who has extensive experience with development of GUI based systems and strong knowledge of hardware/firmware integration. This is an evolving opportunity seeking to employ cutting edge technologies to increase efficiency and performance supporting Company Products.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain embedded applications, using Linux and/or Android platforms
- Develop and maintain firmware applications, where the use of an RTOS is not required
- Provide full life-cycle software development, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, production deployment, documentation, training, configuration, and maintenance
- Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including the establishment of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to design and solve software/firmware related issues
- Provide full life-cycle software development, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, production deployment, documentation, training, configuration, and maintenance.
- Fluent in the C/C++ languages
- Working knowledge of other programming languages, like Java, C#, .Net environment, etc.
- Experience with embedded development environments and practices
- Experience in Linux and/or Android kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Strong knowledge of hardware interface, including but not limited to displays, serial interfaces (UART / SPI / I2C / USB) and wireless modules
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth and Wifi development and integration
- Experience in working with TI, Cypress (PSoc) and Microchip microcontrollers is a plus
- Experience with standard lab equipment, (like oscilloscopes, AWGs, Spectrum Analyzers, etc) and debugging interfaces
- Desired experience in cross-platform mobile app development
- Innovation: Always looking for ways to integrate new technology to solve problems and fill in capability gaps
- Good business communication skills. Position will require developing and giving presentations
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
If interested, please send your resume to Paul Kincer at firstname.lastname@example.org