1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Sets up and runs experiments and/or test apparatus.
3. Designs, recommends, assembles and installs equipment/apparatus and processes for product fabrication, research and development or analysis and testing.
4. Writes instructions and trains personnel in proper techniques to utilize systems, equipment, and processes.
5. Performs complex troubleshooting; repairs, modifies and maintains systems and/or equipment.
6. Analyzes data, evaluates systems and processes and makes decisions regarding modifications, if necessary.
7. Writes technical reports and other required documentation.
8. Interacts with and advises other departments.
9. Assigns or coordinates tasks of other technicians within group.
10. Performs other functions as required.
*Must demonstrate a high level of technical competency including programming, setup, operation, and inspection in a low volume machining environment.
*Expertise on Vertical Machining Centers required. Experience in other machine tool operations a plus.
*Function in a low volume, high mix, quick turnaround prototyping manufacturing environment supporting the medical device industry
*Provide creative manufacturing and 'design for manufacturability' solutions to support customer requirements
* Experience with CAM software required. Experience with 'Gibbs Cam' preferred
* High School Diploma or GED with 10-12 years relevant experience OR Associate's degree in technical field with 5-7 years relevant experience OR a Bachelor's degree with 0-3 years of experience.
* Associate's degree in technical field with 5-7 years relevant experience OR a Bachelor's degree with 0 years of experience.
* Ability to read and develop technical drawings/prints. Technical writing skills. Computer operation skills.
* Good mechanical aptitude. Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).