Senior Financial Analyst
6+ Month Contract
This position is primarily responsible for consolidation of the monthly financial statements and annual budget, including relevant elimination entries, financial statement analysis and review of assigned market-based organizations (MBOs), and quarterly preparation of consolidated cash flow statement and related quarterly disclosure. This position also assists with coordinating the annual external audit, public bond offerings, and special projects. In addition, this position will assist with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) research, development of consolidated policies and procedures, acquisitions, and surveys. It will work closely with assigned MBOs and assists with providing information necessary to support the operations team and other national departments.
- Consolidates monthly financial statements, including relevant elimination entries.
- Analyzes and reviews assigned monthly MBO financial statements, providing guidance on accounting and reporting requirements, using financial reporting system and other systems as appropriate.
- Analyzes and reviews MBO level budgets, to ensure compliance with reporting standards and consistency in application of accounting policies. Provides quality assurance support as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly consolidated footnotes and related quarterly disclosure.
- Support the Enterprise audit process with external and internal auditors, bond offerings and special projects as assigned
- Detailed working knowledge of GAAP which includes interpretation and implementation, with a focus on not-for-profit accounting
- Prepares ad-hoc reports for internal and external constituents as requested using financial reporting system and other systems as appropriate.
- Acts as liaison to MBOs and supports operations team and other national departments with financial reporting and analysis. Key role would be to leverage the financial reporting system and other systems as appropriate to provide proactive information in order to serve in the role as a business partner.
- Maintains excellent communication with supervisor and co-workers, is responsive to customers, and provides appropriate cross-training to other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Accounting and Financial Reporting with strong preference for Public Accounting Experience or for Not for Profit experience in a large Enterprise environment
- Strong Finance and Accounting experience, Requires an excellent working knowledge of both accounting and finance with a strong technical base in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Required general business sense and an ability to view situations from different perspectives. Ability to work with staff, managers and Senior Leader across all levels of the Enterprise