Job Req #: 19-10004
Job Description: Senior Frontend Developer
Location: Vernon Hills, IL OR Downtown Chicago
Position Type: Contract
The E-Commerce Front End Developer makes certain the site looks and functions appropriately for all who use it. This role has expert understanding of Web programming languages and coding standards to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences while also having a keen eye for detail. The E-Commerce Front End Developer works closely with a talented team of Information Architects, Visual Designers, and Developers from concept through production. This role is instrumental in fulfilling the company’s vision and providing advanced solutions for our E-Commerce site and related digital marketing campaigns.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Leads front-end development efforts for project from conception to implementation.
• Write standards-compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms.
• Works with Visual and UX Designers to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences, microsites, HTML emails, and other digital media.
• Ability to take graphic files and translate them into functional experience on web and mobile platforms.
• Participate in the functional requirements definitions for new or modified applications
• Work closely with internal development and design teams to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience
• Maintain continuous contact with all internal and external stakeholders through the project and after completion making sure features are delivered with high quality and on time.
• Help with and manage production tasks
• Perform code reviews
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of E-Commerce related design and development experience.
Other Required Qualifications
• Expert knowledge of HTML, HTML5 and CSS
• Expert knowledge of user experience best practices and ability to implement solutions based on unique needs of specific users
• Proficiency with Adobe CS.
• Familiar with interaction design and information architecture methods and principles.
• Knowledge of the user-centered design theory and demonstrated participation in an application of study findings to range of past projects.
• Experience developing UI optimization for small screens
• Knowledge of W3C standards and SEO principles
• Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
• Train and mentor junior designers.
• Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines.
• Portfolio required.
• Experience with E-Commerce websites
• Solid understanding of Responsive Design
• Good understanding of Web Accessibility
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!