Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Functional Analyst - FICO ensures business value is delivered in accordance with business objectives by providing expertise in financial processes and SAP FICO modules and integration points.
- Research, recommend and develop functional solutions for complex problems to drive desired business results.
- Identify, evaluate and develop options for the enhancement of financial processes in SAP and across the enterprise
- Ensure the successful implementation and ongoing effectiveness of processes.
- Lead the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of the financial processes in the SAP system and integration points
- Configure, deploy and maintain FICO modules
- Provide leadership, direction and support to SAP configuration efforts; oversee the preparation of policies, procedures, process and functional specifications
- Ensure the SAP application's integration and functionality is clearly articulated; provide expert advice in determining a best practice approach in deploying components
- Lead cross functional teams to address business or systems issues
- Act as a liaison between the business and the development team to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure development requirements integrated
- Serve as a Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME), participates in related projects
- Ensure instructional materials are accurate; provide subject matter expertise and support for end user training delivery
- Develop FICO knowledge/competency in super users and subject matter experts throughout the business
- Mentor and train functional analysts in gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications for technical solutions
- Assist employees, vendor or other customers by answering questions related to financial processes, procedures and services
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum five years of SAP configuration and implementation experience.
- Experience with SAP FICO modules, specifically General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Bank Accounting (FI-BL), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Cost Elements, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Internal Orders, and Statistical Key Figures are necessary.
- Knowledge of the key integration points with all SAP modules and key design implications is required.
- Understanding of SAP FICO integration with BW and POSDM is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP FICO in a retail environment is desired.
- Proven understanding of Solution Manager and best practices as applied to design and delivery of solution is necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is required.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.