The Senior Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical design expertise to the new product development and launch function. He/she will also be responsible for product design engineering and/or analysis support of certain product series in development/production phase.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Perform hardware design and development activities from initial concept to production implementation including but not limited to initial schematic development, circuit simulation, WCCA, and board debug testing.
- Provide oversight of board development functions including PCB layout, DFM/DFT, generating Gerbers, and prototyping.
- Support selection and specification of electrical and electronics components.
- Conduct, coordinate and track electrical/electronic hardware failure analysis, root cause investigation and corrective implementation.
- Perform technical design review within the organization and with customers at concept, design validation and production sign-off stages.
- Manage electronics related technical documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of BLDC motor commutation and control theory.
- In-depth understanding of basic DC/DC power converter(s) physics and applications.
- In-depth understanding of power electronic components physics, simulation models and applications, including TVS, Zener diodes, Schottky diodes, BJTs, power MOSFETs.
- Proficient in one of the following simulation software: PSpice, LTSpice, MATLAB Simulink.
- Proficient in circuit schematic capture/PCB layout design CAD software desired (preferably Altium Designer).
- Hands-on experience in vehicle communication system including but not limited to CAN, LIN, SPI, both applications and implementation on the embedded software level desired.
- Harsh environment electronics experience (-40 to 150C with high vibration) desired.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- 5+ years of progressive electronic/electrical components, circuits and systems design engineering experience in the automotive or related industry.
- 5+ years of electrical/electronic circuit simulation and control analysis, preferably on automotive electrical power systems.
- 5+ years of electronic embedded system hardware and software controls experience in the automotive or related industry.
Contract to Hire
Engineering & Aerospace, Other
Company Paid Basic Life policy; other benefits avail.