• Face-to-face desktop support to client's internal customers (which may include local travel)
• Intercept and manage customer IT service requests via telephone, chat, e-mail, or walk-in
• Troubleshoot and triage service requests face to face and/or via remote access
• Resolve service tickets or escalate to other support entities as needed and within SLA
• Perform incident management to ensure trouble tickets are addressed in a timely fashion
• Support client PC Refresh Program: replacing old computers with new computers provided by client; data and settings migration from old computers to new computers; and scheduling appointments, performing QA surveys and other administrative duties as needed.
• Support computer and peripheral moves for customers moving offices or cubicle locations
• Open a service ticket for every customer interaction disregarding mode of communication (email, phone, fax, or walk-in)
• Document calls in the Ticket Management System to ensure proper tracking and resolution. The Support Technician/Tier 2 provides desk side support when problems cannot be resolved remotely. The Support Technician/Tier 2 also provides client standard Enterprise application and/or client customized application support.
• Perform Tier 2 support for one or multiple systems and releases of varying levels of complexity (ranging from medium to urgent).
• Ensure each reported problem is resolved in a timely manner, tracked according to standards and escalated as appropriate.
• Work independently within established policies and procedures. Communicate problem resolution and additional information to customer groups, engineering and support teams, and other IT support groups.
• Communicate technical problems in a non-technical manner, to customers with varying levels of technical expertise.
• Act as escalation point for the Tier 1 support.
• Troubleshoot desktop, laptop, printers when needed
• May be responsible as 'primary' support analyst for client custom Applications.
• May be responsible as 'primary' support analyst for client standard Enterprise Applications.
- Minimum two (2) certifications: CompTIA A+; MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer); MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- Dell Certified Technician
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in a high profile and fast-paced Help Desk/Desktop Support environment required.
- Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft operating systems.
- Demonstrate working experience with Microsoft Suites and Applications to include Office Professional, Office Project and Office Visio
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- An aptitude for providing positive customer service.
- Experience within a Desktop Helpdesk.
- Good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, applications, printers and other hardware required.
- Flexible working hours - 5 days per week, 6:00a.m. - 7:00pm, rotating on-call support for evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Meets all commitments
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Use internal knowledgebase on every interaction
- Provide knowledgebase content on a weekly basis
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 12 months