Applied Fluid Power is looking for a talented individual to join our team and help us drive the Eaton P-1 program. This is a great opportunity to show your skills and be a valued asset to a high-performing team. This position can be located anywhere in the US as long as you can work remotely from home or one of our many locations.
You will be responsible for the design of electrical and hydraulic power control systems. You will work with both domestic and international customers to develop innovative solutions to their mobile and industrial needs. Project turnaround times are quick (3-6 months), creating a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity to showcase your skills. To be successful, you should have a broad coverage of experience across both mechanical and electrical/electronic applications.
- Specifying Hydrostatic Drive solution and Electronic controls (CAN based controllers) within the Mobile and Industrial Fluid Power industry working directly with OEM based customers.
- Working with a nationwide based Fluid Power sales team helping them apply Hydrostatic drives and Control solutions.
- **Must be able to communicate effectively and work with a team and of individuals. The P1 engineering team is very good at working with many types of personalities (this is a must for this position)
- Creating support documentation and Scope of Work statements (schematics, layout drawings, manuals) for your work to be provided to the customer
- Regular presentations to senior management updating project status
- BS in Mechanical or fluid Dynamics (MS preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in the mobile or industrial market.
- Strong background in Hydrostatic Drives for the Mobile and industrial Fluid Power markets.
- Strong working knowledge with Electronic mobile controls (CAN type controllers) to help design drive systems for today’s ever changing markets.
- Familiar with software development best practices (V-model, Waterfall Model, etc). Familiar with object-oriented programming and system modeling using state machines.
- Understanding of Machine communication networks, using J1939, CANopen, EtherNet/IP, etc protocols for communication between components and machines.
- Hydraulic system design (electro-hydraulic control networks, hydraulic power delivery via pumps, motors, valves, cylinders, knowledge of industry standards for fluid conveyance and rotational power transfer). Ability to create and comprehend hydraulic schematics.
- 2D/3D CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer) for hydraulic and electrical schematics along with solid modeling (Preferred: 2+ years experience)
- Project management. Ability to develop, track, and deliver project outputs to the customer according to the project timeline. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high quality is a must.
- Experience with electrical design
- Good working background with hydraulic Fan drives and controls
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.