Senior IT Application Analyst (Java) Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for a Senior IT Application Analyst in Charlotte, NC. In this role the candidate will troubleshoot issues with Trading and Fuels Software, develop fixes, and implement updated code to production. The Analyst will work in conjunction with business users to design, develop, and test small enhancements to existing systems. The candidate will ensure IT issues are escalated, classified, documented, and properly monitored until resolved. Candidate must be willing to travel 5-15%, as appropriate.
- Developing and supporting Java and/or database code
- Accountable for ensuring best practices regarding human performance, for adherence to the change management process, and for team responsiveness and resolution all IT activities
- Accountable for planning and deployment of all enhancements, and overall coordination of Production Environment changes
- Manage complex, inter-system related issues, and serve as an interface between team members, vendors, business partners, and IT corporate support teams
- Ensure adherence to change management process
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of operational problems
- Provide system support as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent years of work experience and training
- 5+ years developing and supporting Java and Oracle/SQL Server database code
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers, management, and teammates
- Proven ability to multitask and track several support activities simultaneously.
- 5+ years in application support
- Experience in providing technical leadership to application configuration and deployments
- Utility industry experience preferred
- Experience supporting large complex applications
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.