Senior IT Auditor
Senior IT auditors are responsible for developing and managing complex audits of an organization's information systems. They must have in-depth knowledge of business processes as well as process controls and risks, and understand how these relate to relevant IT audit procedures. These professionals have experience working with a variety of technology platforms and must be familiar with performing network, we, database, and technical audits. These positions commonly require a bachelor's degree (a master's degree may be preferred) in computer science, information systems, business or a related field and an average of five years' relevant experience in IT auditing. A Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or similar designation is strongly preferred.
Typical duties include:
- Establishing objectives and procedures for audit review of computer systems
- Developing and implementing testing and evaluation plans for IT systems and controls to gauge conformity with industry standards or efficiency, accuracy and security
- Presenting written findings and recommendations to senior management
- Support the SOX-404 IT processes such as: scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing, and status reporting.
- Conduct IT and IT-related audit projects, including analyses of business data and company systems.
- Coordinate and work with other Senior Auditors to support IT-related needs for financial and operational audits.
- Evaluate internal control and processes through detailed testing.
- Compile audit findings and recommend value-added revisions to systems and procedures.