Position: Senior IT Telecom Analyst- Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, OH - Must sit in Cincinnati, OH
6 month CTH
This position is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and documentation of complex data and voice network solutions. This position requires a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and a general understanding of VOIP, wireless and firewall technologies. Network automation with programming and scripting are additional skills that are highly valued. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who exceeds with little supervision and works with small teams using Agile engineering principles.
- Creation of network infrastructure designs, configurations, standards and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, work with key suppliers to solution, build and certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain partner approval
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network devices.
- Prepare engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, configurations, etc.).
- Ensure cost effective design of systems with the ultimate goal of meeting business needs and providing reliable and efficient service to the customer.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates for planned installations where required.
- Collaborate across the IT organization to provide end-to-end solutions.
- Procure, turn-up, and troubleshoot both private and public WAN circuits
- Troubleshoot complexing routing designs, LAN switching environments, and firewall policy.
- Work in an Agile engineering environment on team based projects and assignments.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Information Technology
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology with at least five of those years being in design and support of networks comprising Cisco Systems' products
- Four (4) years of design and support of networks comprising Cisco Systems' products
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP
- Experience with the following network hardware/software solutions:
- Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, APs, phones, ASAs, ACS, ISE
- Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco NXOS
- Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama
- Advanced working experience with network technologies and protocols such as BGP, OSPF, Overlay networking (e.g. DMVPN, FlexVPN), EIGRP, IPSec, MPLS, IKEv2, IPv6, Route-maps, SNMP, ACL, RADIUS/TACACS, and Syslog
- Design, implementation, and/or support of datacenter technologies (ACI, VPC, OTV, etc.)
- Experience in leading key network projects, representing the organization and working closely with Product Owners, Operations, Business Units, Suppliers, and Peer Organizations
- Experience with designing communications solutions for SCADA systems
- Ability to design repeatable, reliable, and scalable solutions with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
- Experience with Python, shell scripts, RESTful APIs, EEM Scripting, JSON/XML is a plus
- Experience navigating process oriented work flows, understanding many different internal business partner requirement and building good working relationships.
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices.
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Ability to work well within a team; good interpersonal relational skills
- Effective verbal & written communication
- Experience in coordination with multiple groups, companies, and people simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Adherence to Change Management practices
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.