Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Under general guidance, the Senior IT Vendor Relations Specialist manages IT vendor relationships, performance and compliance. Researching and executing strategies to evaluate and improve the vendor selection and management processes and drive cost reductions. Monitors and coordinates operational strategy making assessments and analyzing vendor trends and drivers to optimize strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements the IT Vendor Management strategy; ensures that IT vendors are delivering maximum value for goods and services
- Generates vendor and procurement reports; maintains key data and ensures vendor compliance
- Researches vendor management best practices, recommends internal and external policies, standards, processes and templates
- Classifies, rationalizes and optimizes vendor portfolio; ensures management of strategic vendors
- Guides stakeholders through statement of work (SOW) definition and functional contract requirements, including, but not limited to, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and vendor performance measurements
- Forecasts market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Audits and analyzes vendor metric reports to ensure vendors are meeting defined requirements
- Requests and reviews vendor Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request for Quote (RFQ); evaluates responses for terms, conditions, availability and pricing; provides recommendations for opportunities that meet business requirements
- Sources and procures technology products and services; ensures lowest cost, best quality, and on-time delivery
- Negotiates pricing, delivery/timing and contractual language for technology solutions; collaborates with corporate procurement
- Regularly evaluates vendor offerings; identifies opportunities; provides recommendations that support the business's goals and plans for innovation
- Trains and provides guidance to Vendor Relations Team
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Guides employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to sourcing and procurement processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years sourcing, procurement, vendor management, project management or contract experience with progressive complexity and responsibility. Demonstrated understanding of technology procurement is vital.
- Demonstrated proficiency building vendor relationships and ensuring performance management compliance is necessary, including, but not limited to, driving change in vendor behaviors and dispute resolution.
- Proven collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills are vital.
- Proven ability to articulate vendor performance and delivery, with the ability to align vendor performance to strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital. Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential. Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor's degree and a Certified Purchasing Manager preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.