LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position is part of the Enterprise Servers & Storage group reporting into the Systems and Platforms group. The primary role of this position is to support upcoming project work by evaluating, installing, and implementing new virtualization technologies while providing ongoing management for existing IT virtual infrastructure and systems. The position works closely with the other infrastructure groups, as well as, the application teams to develop, maintain, and improve the virtual desktop/server infrastructure of the company. This position requires a broad range of knowledge across multiple IT disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for maintaining, managing, upgrading and supporting LyondellBasell's server virtualization infrastructure.
- Responsibility for virtualization software and hardware platform selection.
- Responsibility for virtualization infrastructure maintenance activities including upgrades\patch management planning and execution.
- Responsibility for private\public cloud implementation and management.
- Technical project leadership to design and implement virtual infrastructure to support IT services and business requirements.
- Lead and assist in advanced troubleshooting of complex issues that cross multiple domains, applying core knowledge and troubleshooting to lead group to resolution.
- Develop and maintain the company's virtual infrastructure documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Use effective measures to respond to virtualization infrastructure alerts.
- Perform ticket queue monitoring and prioritization.
- On-call and After-hours / weekend work as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years' experience or a non-degreed professional with an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- 5+ years' experience managing VMware ESXi, vCenter environments.
- 6+ years' experience with Microsoft server technologies.
- 6+ years in a server\infrastructure administration role.
- Experience with VMware vSAN.
- Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Experienced with VMware vSphere Replication.
- Experience with VMware Horizon View.
- Experience with VMware vRealize Operations.
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies.
- Experience with patch management systems for Microsoft based systems.
- Strong understanding of SAN technologies required.
- Strong background with HPE rackmount and blade server hardware
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a multi-platform and networked environment
- Hands on experience with Private\Public cloud technologies.
- Detail and systematic thinking
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Written and oral communication
- Technical organization and troubleshooting
- Issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Commitment to follow standards
- Degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SCOM and Splunk monitoring and reporting tools
- NetApp and HPE 3PAR
- Microsoft Azure
- Cisco UCS experience a plus
- Hands on experience scripting in a Windows environment preferred.
- VMware Certified Professional and Microsoft Hyper-V certification preferred.
- Linux experience a plus (SUSE preferred)
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston