What if you were a part of a team that makes a difference in people's lives - everyday? Take your personal and professional fulfillment to the next level at Integer. Integer is comprised of Greatbatch Medical, Lake Region Medical, and Electrochem. We make the critical components that are used in life changing medical devices. We are looking for a Senior Industrial Engineer to join our Minneapolis facility.
The primary purpose of this job is to work with key business partners to drive value improvement guided by lean principles in order to support business strategy and priorities. Specifically, develop ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer's Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
2. Designs layout of equipment and work spaces to maximize productivity and efficiency.
3. Studies and rearrange material flow and operations sequence.
4. Creates and updates labor standards per policy.
5. Identifies and implements improvement opportunities across the Value Stream.
6. Identifies cross function problems and processes. Leads and coaches team members on resolutions.
7. Leads and champions value improvement projects with the ability to influence managers and senior leadership team.
8. Develops and conducts Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
9. Actively deploys and coaches the organization on Lean Principles and Behaviors.
10. Assists in financial planning and cost analysis.
11. Evaluates effects of process changes and makes improvements.
12. Mentors co-ops, interns or other new team members.
13. Performs other functions as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial engineering or related field: Business or Technical
5-7 years of experience in related field. Experience working in a GMP environment preferred
Demonstrates oral and written communication skills
Effectively uses tools to facilitate group activities
Champions change through effective mentoring of teams and individuals
Manages the interactions between people to achieve desired outcomes
Industrial Engineering Fundamentals:
Ability to design, document and control layouts for facilities, lines and work stations.
Demonstrate knowledge and ability to carry out work measurement, apply line balancing technics and develop standard work
Understand and apply computer applications and systems
Use of software and related techniques to model/predict the impact of proposed changes.
Lean Principles and Practices:
Proficient in the Use and Understanding of Lean Concepts and tools
Leads the implementation of Lean Projects for the organization
Mentor and coach future Lean Agents in the organization
Identifies, defines and evaluates opportunities for improvement.
Uses DMAIC roadmap and demonstrates effective tool use.
Effectively uses VIP system to prioritize, manage and monitor continuous improvement activities
Effectively defines and plans the steps necessary to complete Continuous Improvement Projects.
Uses Project Management Tools and Principles to ensure completion of continuous improvement projects according to established goals
Proficient in the use of Excel, Power Point and Visio software. Knowledge of AutoCAD. Demonstrated results through Lean practices and principles.