Title: Senior Java API Developer
Location: Durham, NC
Our client's Enterprise Infrastructure Web and Data Services Database Virtualization team is looking for a Software Engineer/ API Developer. This person will play a key role in building an API for the Delphix platform which automate the Delphix administration tasks and give control back to developers. Work will be performed in agile delivery fashion.
The Purpose of Your Role:
Our teams build APIs and Digital capabilities that support our large scale digital presence. You will help us design and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices. You'll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
You will have the opportunity to share your technical knowledge to help strengthen our engineering community and further pursue your own learning of new technologies and platforms. We're looking for software engineers that enjoy a collaborative environment and have a passion for releasing high quality software through iterative software development practices.
The Expertise we're Looking For:
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask 'Why” and 'What if”?
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Design and architect complex solutions on a platform dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Mentor and lead team members on technology and specific design; Own issues and provide end-to-end solutions
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to define and deliver our next generation ecosystem.
- Partner with various Chapters & Tribes to assist on moving towards a completely automated testing and deployment.
- Continuously evaluate and prototype emerging technologies within developer & test community to understand business value and feasibility.
- Help the organization into moving towards an engineering product model based team structure.
- Digital mindset, and fluent across technology components including API Services development and consumption using modern frameworks and open source technologies.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in substantial discussions.
The Skills You Bring:
- 8+ years of hands on software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Leadership & Strong execution skills in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies.
- Capability to support mission critical customer facing platforms and applications.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Micro services and Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management.
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services.
- Experience in documenting APIs using an API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Experience in state-of-the-art tools and methods to enable efficiency, performance and agility through automating DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database and analytics
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test.
- Knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- Engaging in working with global team of developers in leading standard methodologies for software engineering.
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.
Educational & Experience:
- Bachelors or any equivalent degree with computer science background.
- 2-8 years of relevant experience
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!