Senior Java Developer - Azure Cloud Apps Position Description: Current tools and technologies include:
What's the Need: Development capacity for ongoing BOH Foundation development and integration w/ Microsoft Azure cloud.
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
The Developer should have at least 3 years of Java-based Spring REST services development, with no less than 2 of those years spent developing data streaming solutions using Apache Spark (Spark - Core, Spark - SQL, Spark - Streaming) to process real time events into and out of a centrally located Enterprise Retail Inventory Balance Datastax Cassandra database of at least 5 TB and a decentralized Store Inventory Balance stored in Informix.
Programming Languages and Technologies: Java 8 , C#, Python , Shell Scripting , SQL, HTMLSPRING Framework - Spring IOC , Spring MVC, Spring REST, Spring BOOT, Spring JDBC, Apache SPARK - SPARK Core, SPARK SQL and SPARK Streaming, LDAP and Oauth2 Authentication, Junit, Mockito, Log4j, Intellij, SQL server, Informix, Sonar, PCF, Postman, SOAP, SDS, Maven
Databases: MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Informix, Azure Cosmos DB
Versioning Tools: Bit Bucket, GitHub
Build and Deployment Tools: Maven, TeamCity
Cloud: PCF, DELL EMC S3, Azure
Messaging Brokers: Kafka, MQTT
Essential Job Functions:
Current tools and technologies include:
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Should be able to performance tune application code and assist team members in reviewing code and provide suggestions to developers.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 8 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Must have at least 6-8 years of strong Java development experience in developing cloud based services.
- Experience with Azure apps / services development and deployments.
- Knowledge and understanding of MS Azure cloud computing technology
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Git version control.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.