Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer bridges the creative and technical aspects of web development to technically enable user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designs. Works across a variety of platforms, frameworks and front-end technologies. Develops websites, online applications, integrates code with additional systems, resolves code errors and introduces new technologies and solutions. Works with other engineers to conceive research, design and implement new website functionality and maintain existing website code.
• Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from business stakeholders.
• Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient solutions.
• Provide support, technical explanations and documentation as necessary
• Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes.
• Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives.
• Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
• Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
• Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
• Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions.
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
• Review and revise technical designs to meet project requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position requires a minimum of 5 years Hybris, Java and Spring framework development experience.
• Experience in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or SAP Cloud.
• Experience in RESTful and/or GraphQL services.
• Experience in designing, development and support of Hybris applications.
• Experience in core Hybris technical concepts and architecture.
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to functional and technological changes efficiently.
• Demonstrates understanding of agile development ideas: scrum; test/behavior-driven development; code-evaluate-iterate is required.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information Technology, IT Software Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.