Lead Java Developer
One of Brooksource's leading P&C Insurance clients is seeking a Lead Java Developer to work on their Information Systems team in Jacksonville, Florida. This position will serve on the client's team that creates software used by their insurance agents. This role will lead technical development efforts for servicing their agents and agency partners, with focus on their AgencyPortal and Connect5 platforms. In this role you will be groomed to become the team lead where you will assist & mentor the next generation of talent while establishing standards & best practices for the team!
• Technical lead for the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing systems.
• Ensure all development adheres to standards and best practices.
• Provide guidance in the creation or modification of standards and best practices.
• Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes.
• Mentor, coach, and guide other developers with solution identification, problem solving, and growing their skills and abilities.
• Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to identify and develop additional system enhancements and improvements.
• Train and assist users with using the current systems.
• 7+ years of Information Technology experience is required.
• 5+ years of current Java / J2EE development experience is required.
• Proficient in four or more of the following technical disciplines: XSLT, SOAP Web Services, JDOM, RESTful Web Services, SQL, and Tomcat 7+
• Knowledgeable of the following technical disciplines: Angular JS, Apache Solr, and MS SQL Server.
• Knowledge of multiple development methodologies is a preferred.
• Auto and Home insurance industry experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of AgencyPortal 5.x and Connect5 is a plus.
• Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related or business administration related discipline, supplemented by insurance or computer-related courses/knowledge, or the equivalent in related work experience.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.