Senior Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Boca Raton, FL.
- Participate in the process of converting functional requirements into technical design models
- Follow design guidelines to implement great user experiences
- Write automated unit tests
- Give helpful code reviews
- Follow coding standards, software management processes, etc.
- Maintain and contribute to internal code libraries
- Take ownership of the entire code base (tools, application and libraries). This means learn as much as possible and find ways to make things better.
- Remain up to date on industry advancements and share with the team
- Assist in maintaining the environments that run our applications
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Familiarity with Design Patterns like Model View Controller, Factory, Adapter, etc.
- Have experience writing JUnit
- Working experience on GIT source control system
- Experience developing Java Web applications and Java REST applications using an MVC framework
- HTML5 and CSS proficiency
- Strong knowledge on RDBMS like MySQL, Oracle etc.
- 5+ years in Java
- Spring, Spring MVC or Spring Security, anything Spring
- Web Development, experience building web applications
- JQuery or Bootstrap
- Experience building Rest API's and SOAP API's
- SQL Queries, in relational databases
- Experience setting up and maintaining distributed apps in a UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience setting up and configuring distributed apps to run in Cloud environments
- Knowledge of IT configuration management, automation engines such as Ansible or Chef. Ansible is preferred.
- Cloud computing applications management and deployment knowledge using DevOps techniques are highly desirable
- Amazon Web-services (AWS) EC2 and S3 (1+ years of experience). Preferred.
- OpenStack Private Clouds (1+ years of experience).
- CI/CD Tools.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.