TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Java Application Software Developer in Alexandria, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance or Top Secret and a CompTia S+ Certification.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client in Alexandria, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
This developer will perform as a technical lead. Candidate should have superior Java developments skills and the ability to Lead a development team. This developer will provide application development, design and maintenance services for enterprise data services, identity, access management and credentialing related applications to include new design and development, and maintaining and enhancing existing applications.
- Collaborate with other agile team members to develop high quality code and software applications
- Conduct development, testing, and debugging code and software applications of a high complexity
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving defects in production code and software applications
- Collaborate with agile team to problem-solve for projects and clients
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, including leading large teams
- Ability to work with and mentor Jr and Mid developers as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms; Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workloads; Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle direct customer interaction professionally.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience developing Java EE applications on Weblogic Application Server for highly available, 24x7, and scalable systems on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Minimum 5 years as a technical lead in a Java development environment.
- Software development experience including Java/J2EE custom application coding, testing and deployment skills, web services and development of service-oriented applications
- Highly proficient in application development utilizing Windows and Linux/UNIX scripting, Java/J2EE object-oriented code, and related technologies
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic and RedHat JBOSS Application Servers
- Experience leading small, functional application development teams
- Highly proficient with application development with relational database technologies
- Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies are required. Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models are also required. Agile skills
- Highly proficient with application development and development support tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Git, Jira, Junit, Selenium and/or other similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with web application frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSF with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages, such as Linux, Servlets, JSP, PHP, etc.
- Comptia S+
ADDITIONAL SKILLS IN A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS HIGHLY DESIRED:
- Strong verbal and written communications. Self-managing and team player, works efficiently with little supervision, and willingness to learn/utilize new technologies and process.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product
- Act as a developer on Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements, translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding, debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining root causes, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Agile environment. Will also need to provide clear and timely status to management as required.
IT & Technical