TEKsystem's client is looking for 2 Senior Back-End Java Developers to join their team. These individuals MUST be either: US Citizens or Green Card holders. Must sit on-site in Richmond, VA or Charlotte, NC.
Skill Set/Day-to-Day Job Function:
• Enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn and grow within the organization. Passion, Creativity, Innovation for working in a fast paced & result-oriented team environment.
• Forward thinking, understanding the why and retain focus on long-term strategy, application stability, re-usability and flexibility.
• Work with the architects, developers, offshore, business and technology stakeholders in a complex environment across different geographic locations.
• Take ownership of the business outcome and development/delivery
• Ability to evaluate design options and influence others in making technology/design decisions.
• Demonstrated the ability to mentor and coach less experienced people in the team.
• Ability to champion pragmatic, strategic technology alternatives which deliver short term results while contributing to long-term strategic direction.
• Experience in Waterfall and/or Agile Methodologies.
• Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change.
Required Technical Skills:
• 7+ years of Java/J2EE and Web services development.
• Extensive development experience in building Restful/SOAP web-services, Service Oriented Architecture, good understanding of Service-Modeling
• Extensive development experience in Core-Java, Object Oriented concepts, Asynch Messaging etc.,
• Extensive development experience in various open source frameworks like Apache CXF, Hibernate, Dozer, Spring MVC, Apache Camel
• Demonstrated experience in multi-threaded programming and developing applications to support large scale workloads.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with RDBMS platforms (DB2, Oracle), data modeling, complex queries, optimization, scalability considerations and fine tuning.
• Good experience with Web sphere Application Server and MQ Messaging framework
• Good Experience in Unix/Linux Operating systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, MIS or equivalent
Desired Technical Skills:
• Experience in Agile development & practices.
• Experience in supporting Customer-Data Platforms for financial institution.
• Experience in production support, trouble-shooting around threads, memory, JVM, Splunk, AppDynamics a plus.
• Experience in Mulesoft development.
• Experience with NoSQL and NewSQL products (Cassandra, MemSQL)
• Master Data Management, Data Quality/Data Management, Analytics, ETL
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.