Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract or Right to hire
Contact Info: Nadia Brika - email@example.com
NOTE: This role will start as fully REMOTE, but once travel restrictions / shelter in place policies are lifted, the qualified professional in this position will be working at the company's Boston-based office.
- Our team is in the process of migrating our legacy applications over to a brand new, AWS-based microservices platform.
- This developer will need to be senior to lead-level and should have strong core experience with Java technologies like REST APIs and Spring/Spring Boot.
- Someone who understands core java design patterns, data structures, and/or algorithmic programming will excel in this role.
- The ideal candidate has a strong programming experience and has worked with a modern technology stack including microservices architecture and test-driven development methodologies in a fast-paced agile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop back-end Java micro-services and REST APIs for web applications.
- Collaborate with various front-end and back-end development teams on user-facing features and services
- Work with platform & system architects on software and system optimizations & enhancements, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques, tools and practices.
- Expert knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Boot, JMX, JUnit, J2EE -> JPA, JAXB, Spring MVC, Maven
- Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs using micro services architecture
- Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture.
- Strong understanding of git, bitbucket, jira, confluence, swagger (api documentation).
- Working knowledge of Relational (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Redis, Memcached)
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology
- Learns fast in a fast-paced environment