Role: Senior Java Developer
Engagement: 6 month CTH
Brooksource is hiring for a Senior Software Developer for one of our fastest growing insurance clients in Jacksonville, Florida. In this position you will lead technical development efforts supporting a variety of Java-based technologies with a focus on Web Service integrations with the in-house suite of Guidewire products .
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership during the development and implementation phases. This includes design and code reviews, developing code, debugging and unit testing. Technical specifications, design documents, functional designs and requirements are required. Knowledge of estimation process is required.
Our client is keen on bringing in a heads-up developer that is interested working with cross functional teams to solve complex business problems. This is an opportunity with high level visibility and and potential for upward mobility as our client is currently experiencing hyper-growth. If you are a developer that likes to get in the weeds and solve complex problems, while being groomed to potentially move into a lead capacity please apply now!
* 3-5 years of current Java/J2EE development experience is required
* 7+ years of Information Technology is required
* Proven experience in developing enterprise level projects involving cross departmental teams
* Knowledge of Guidewire is prefferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Property and Casualty insurance industry experience is preferred
* Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related or business administration related discipline, supplemented by insurance or computer-related courses/knowledge, or the equivalent in related work experience.
Our client's benefits
* Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
* Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
* Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
* Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
* Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
* Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.