Senior Software Developer
Our client is seeking innovative and technically curious Java and Scala Engineers to join them as they make a huge impact in the digital evolution!
What will you do as an Engineer:
- Be part of the team designing and building the Conversational AI Platform that powers several conversational channels within the customer experience.
- Participates in all phases of the project lifecycle – architecture, design, development, MVP, and Dev Ops.
- Participate in the design and development of key e-commerce technology initiatives
- Be a part of an Agile team of skilled developers / engineers
- Strong demonstrated ability to work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
- 6+ years of progressive responsibilities in one or more of the following areas: software/web development, application delivery, design or architecture for web or service-oriented environments and a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years’ of the same experience without a Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years' hands-on experience implementing and deploying modern web development solutions including: Java, Scala, Spring, REST web services, HTTP, NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra), IBM MQ or RabbitMq, XML, JSON, Linux
- Knowledge of and working experience with open source software (Apache, Tomcat, Memcache, etc.) as well as networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components
- Agile development practical experience
- Test-driven development, refactoring, automated unit test, integration test, functional test, and continuous integration / deployment. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git