LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Corporate FP&A team manages the coordination, consolidation, reporting, and analysis of the annual LYB budget/long range plan ('LRP') and monthly forecast and management reporting processes, owns the corporate financial model, and provides ad hoc financial analysis and insights to the key stakeholders.
To strengthen the Planning & Analysis team within the FP&A organization, we are looking for an experienced financial analyst to provide support to the annual budget/LRP process and ad hoc analytics. This role requires strong analytical skills and a finance background to assure the financial plans are completed with accuracy and data integrity. The role also requires strong communication skills in order to develop strong relationships within the finance organization and with business leaders to foster collaboration and to drive best practices.
This role reports to the Managers, Planning & Analysis, Corporate FP&A, and currently doesn't have any direct supervision responsibility.Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the coordination of annual LYB budget/LRP process.
- Identify and execute improvements in the process to achieve best practices.
- Consolidate the budget/LRP results and prepare high-quality presentations in support of executive reviews and Board meetings.
- Strive to provide insight behind financial data around business initiatives, economic trends and operational performance.
- Assist in financial/economic analysis to support Board meetings, ongoing corporate/finance strategy development, and other ad hoc management requests (e.g. macroeconomic calls, business projections & validations, tax/debt structure analysis, etc.).
- Assist in FP&A's effort to standardize key business metrics and KPI's.
- Assist in refining driver-based, corporate level business projections and the cash flow forecast model to facilitate integrated long-range planning and insightful scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Actively involved in other initiatives and cross-functional projects to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies in within FP&A and other Finance processes.
- Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related business degree with 8+ years' relevant FP&A, corporate finance, business services, accounting or other analytical experience required.
- CFA/CPA/MBA preferred.
- Experience with M&A transactions, due diligence, and evaluation is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse. Super user of SAP/BW is highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a sound understanding of chemical industry, manufacturing, business, and financial planning & analysis required.
- Strong ability to manage process changes with finance project management and implementation experience a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively build and maintain solid relationship with internal/external stakeholders, and strong presentation skills to message and communicate results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage key stakeholder expectations (both business and finance).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter), make sound decisions, while closely engaging and staying aligned with the rest of FP&A team and other business service functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston