LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Contribute to the overall growth and success of the Internal Audit Automation and Analytics team.
A successful member of the Audit Automation and Analytics team has a passion for continuous improvement, process automation, and data mining. Key to the role: a broad breadth of business acumen combined with strong technical skills. We strive to obtain such talent and strive to develop it. Being open to new ideas, personal development, and continuous learning is critical.
Contributing to enhancing the Company's audit methodology a candidate must be capable of coordinating and effectively communicating with various departments throughout the enterprise and at all levels regarding results of the work performed. Important is the ability to present technical ideas and functionality to non-technical users
Foster strong morale and team spirit. Contribute to and effectively influence decisions to achieve desired results. Position requires overtime during various times of the month/year. Some travel (10% - 20%) may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
) Foster a collaborative environment with members of Internal Audit (Managers, Auditors, and Automation and Analytics) as well as internal business partners.
2) Deliver high quality analysis and meaningful business intelligence resulting in reliable and timely information that drives the Internal Audit department's risk assessment, annual planning, audit planning, fieldwork, and overall value to the company.
3) Drive changes in Internal Audit and Enterprise operations that lead to company/department operational efficiencies and savings. Identify opportunities to complete audit work more efficiently and apply new tools and techniques.
4) Represent the department with poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity while interfacing with senior management, management and personnel in the organization regarding accounting and business issues, audit findings, management action plans and operational efficiency.
5) Set good examples as a role model for less experienced staff. Effectively coach, train and mentor others to develop skill levels.
6) Stay current on developments in the audit, data science, business intelligence, and advanced analytics professions. Understand how your skills and competencies apply to our industry and within our company. Perform as a resource within your subject matter area.
7) Effectively utilize a broad range of tools and technical aptitude to support audit automation and analytics work e.g.: Data Visualization (Tableau / Power BI); Scripting (SQL, PowerShell, Python, R, VB / VBA); Platforms and Infrastructure (DBMS, ETL, Data Lake, Data Warehouse).
8) Demonstrate knowledge of SAP modules and various other applications where data extraction is performed for analysis.
9) Demonstrate knowledge of joining disparate data sources.
10) Work with Internal Audit, Auditees, and Business SMEs to understand processes, data sets, and leverage this understanding to develop Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics.
11) Understand and adhere to data privacy, security, compliance and ensure robust data governance.
12) Manage assigned activities within time, cost and technical objectives.
13) Demonstrate the ability to lead or independently complete work assignments.
14) Foster elements of graphic design - typography, color, composition and design grids within visualizations.
1. Bachelor's Degree is required e.g., Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Information Systems or other related degree.
1. Typically requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant business experience (mix of Finance/Accounting, functional/operations, and IT is strongly preferred).
2. Proven ability to independently evaluate controls over business and financial processes.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE or other is preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston