The primary purpose of this job is to develop and implement strategies related to the introduction of new products for Integer operating Group(s) and directs activities of an engineering department. Develops and implements technical marketing strategy and sets goals and objectives related to satisfying customer requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Company Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Manages assigned engineering function to meet company goals and customer expectations.
3. Incorporates Lean initiatives in support of overall production optimization and Quality initiatives.
4. Ensures Associates participate in continuous improvement efforts and are trained to comply with quality system requirements.
5. Provides expertise and ongoing communication to Plant and BU Management, in support of BU and Company goals and objectives.
6. Provides direction and administrative organization for the design and engineering services departments and sets priorities for utilization of resources on new programs.
7. Supports positive customer relationships by working closely with customers and program management.
8. Directs engineering projects by establishing strategy and providing leadership and organization necessary for success.
9. Responsible for budget development and management for new product development and product engineering.
10. Develops and implements new processes and design methodology for improved performance and/or cost reduction. Works closely with other departments to ensure proper implementation of new processes and designs into production.
11. Directly responsible for the Design Control elements of ISO 9000 as it relates to new product development.
12. Reviews, initiates, and approves engineering designs, reports, change orders, material and process specifications.
13. Maintains safe and ethical business practices, and adheres to Integer quality policy.
14. Investigates the use of alternate parts, materials or vendors to achieve improved performance and/or cost reduction. Maintains key technical interface with vendor base.
15. Performs other functions as required
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in technical field. Master's preferred.
Minimum Experience: 10-12 years experience in a production environment. 3 years in a managerial capacity.
Specialized Knowledge: Project management and hands on lean manufacturing experience.
Special Skills: Experience and knowledge of industry or plant specific manufacturing processes.