LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Senior Manufacturing Analyst will play a crucial role in the manufacturing decision-making process, specifically in relation to accounting, finance, controls, and the business environment. The individual will partner directly with the Hydrocarbons Site Management Team under the direction of the Channelview Plant Controlling Manager. While primary duties will focus on the Hydrocarbons Manufacturing Facilities, the role will also provide accounting support for various site support organizations within the Channelview complex..Roles & Responsibilities
- Encompasses all things accounting-related for the Hydrocarbons Manufacturing Site, including accounting and month-end close activities, cost and profitability analysis, manufacturing and corporate reporting, and internal control coordination, as well as additional core and ad-hoc functions for various site support organizations. The Hydrocarbons desk also supports the administration/billing of a Poly BD operating agreement.
- Providing key information on historical and forward-looking trends and related cost analysis at the micro and macro level.
- Among other tasks, this analyst will participate in to the following processes: annual budget, site forecasting, LRP functions, monthly cost reviews, internal controls and compliance with SOx, classification of costs, contract reviews, physical inventory and PPE inventory observations, various audit functions including audit support for Turnarounds and other major site projects, as well as other financial support for the manufacturing site(s).
- Given the overall complexities associated with the Channelview complex, the successful candidate may be asked to assume a leadership role. Leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to the following: leading the site's annual budget process, leading the site's annual physical inventory, assisting / leading the development of audit processes for Hydrocarbon unit turnarounds and other major projects and participation in process improvement initiatives.
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, finance or other related business degree is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in financial or manufacturing accounting.
- ERP and data retrieval / analysis experience - preferably with SAP and Business Warehouse.
- Highly self-sufficient and knowledgeable and able to employ quality analytics to facilitate: (1) making decisions (2) providing quality information to allow Management to make sound decisions and (3) serving as a resource for other accountants on the team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive continuous improvement and ensure achievement of Manufacturing, Finance and Company goals.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meets deadlines, and performs self-review of work product for accuracy and quality in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with various work groups and various levels throughout the Manufacturing and Finance organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston