Integer's Alden, NY location is growing!As one of the largest medical device outsourcers in the world, Integer designs and develops devices and power solutions for the medical and non-medical markets. If you are looking for an opportunity where you would have the impact to improve or save people's lives Integer is it.
Plans, executes and leads various manufacturing or process development projects that are technically challenging. Participate in cross-functional project teams to implement creative solutions. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and correct equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Quality and R&D to integrate new products or processes. Responsible for identifying and correcting manufacturing process nonconformance's identified during prototype builds.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment
- Applies engineering principles and techniques when solving problems including statistical analysis and DOE-based approaches
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ensure ongoing operations and maintenance of the production equipment
- Analyzes data and leads effort to change products and/or processes
- Identifies innovative process solutions to manufacturing challenges
- Develops product and/or process documentation including work instructions, controls plans, TMV and other manufacturing-related documentation
- Leads manufacturing equipment development projects including specification, testing and validation.
- Creates and maintains PFMEA's
- Designs tools and fixtures for new processes
- Prepares Engineering Reports documenting results, conclusions and provides recommendations for next steps as appropriate.
- Prepares presentations and delivers results to project teams
- Leads project teams
- May supervise lower level Engineers, Designers and/or Technicians
- Effectively communicates and interacts well with others throughout the organization and with external suppliers and customers
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Material Science (MS degree in Engineering preferred)
- Experience working in manufacturing environment for Li-ion batteries desired5-10 yrs
- Ideal candidate will have experience procuring Li-ion production equipment (electrode processing through winding) and supporting those pieces of equipment
- Experience with fully automated winding is preferred
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve processes in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead process improvement teams and meet established cost and timeline targets
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks or equivalent) desired
- Proficient using Minitab (or equivalent)
- Ability to travel as required
- Relocation is available