Purpose of Job
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible to provide technical support to Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance and Production. Aspects of this includes:
- Ability to comprehend US Department of Transportation regulations on Vehicle Displays.
- Ability to investigate, design, purchase, and build machinery and jigs.
- Ability to Understand basic Electrical Circuit Drawings and pneumatic drawings.
- Ability to Design equipment suitable for Mass Production Environment. (prevent and detection of quality issues and maintain cycle time)
- Support existing equipment with current production, new model addition.
- Basic computer hardware knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Proficient in Pro/E_Creo design software.
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.Rank% of role focusMajor Duty / Responsibility of Job1. 65%
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Other InformationEducation
Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering.Related Experience
5 years experience designing machinery and tooling for a mass production environment.Special Training or Competency
3D design experienceWork Hours
Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm. Off-hours as needed.Travel Requirements
25% domestic travel.
If domestic travel is necessary, valid driver's license is required.SponsorshipNot available
Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of New Sabina Industries, Inc.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
New Sabina Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.