Job Title : Senior Mechanical Engineer for Structures
Location : Sterling Heights, MI
Duration : 6+ Months
- The Combat Vehicles Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing and coordinating engineering aspects associated with the vehicle chassis and turret Structures.
- Structure Design products include the vehicle hull structures and all structural interfaces (i.e. machining, mounting provisions, welded on brackets, & stiffeners), doors, hatches, access panels, lifting/towing/tie-down provisions,and intake/exhaust grilles.
- The Structures engineer will work other system IPT's (Integrated Product Teams) to document and integrate their mechanical interfaces (Mounting Provisions) onto the vehicle structure.
- The Structures engineer may also be responsible for hull attachment installations such as lifting, towing/tie down, ramps, hatches, and access panels.
- The Structures Engineer will at all times promote and maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety rules of the company.
- The Structure Engineer will also be expected to provide Engineering Support In Production (ESIP), to work with technicians, weld engineers, and manufacturing engineers to help resolve problems on the production line or in the test lab. The Engineer must be able to capture the details of any issues discovered during production in a Problem Report, then report back the issues to the IPT lead engineer.