We are pragmatically innovative and are driven to prepare for the future. Do you relish developing the latest innovations designed for functionality and stylish efficiency? Join our expert teams in research and development, manufacturing engineering and product management to make your impact on tomorrow's world. Your new career in Engineering awaits at Welbilt's Manitowoc Ice facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Senior Engineer at Manitowoc Ice this person will perform a variety of moderately complex engineering work requiring the application of standard and non-standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. They will plan, direct, coordinate and control engineering efforts in the assigned area or project and receive general instruction regarding expected results. Tasks typically relate to design, test, verification and reliability of mechanical and electromechanical food service products and systems, and providing direction to less experience staff. This is a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the assigned area.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, this position is based in Manitowoc, Wisconsin*.
- Prepares detailed analysis, performance testing, planning and scheduling, and cost information, including program criteria consistent with management objectives.
- Responsible for timely, cost effective development of product designs, component and material requirements, bills of materials, and assembly instructions for commercial equipment.
- Performs highly technical engineering work including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, aesthetics and testing.
- Provides task review and direction to less experienced staff, as needed
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares concept sketches, detail drawings, design models, and specification documents for product designs.
- Prepares root cause analysis, test performance, schedule and cost information, as required.
- Prepares progress reports, feasibility and concept studies, etc., as required.
- Assists in the preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering and a minimum of four years of previous engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable of a broad array of engineering principles, practices and procedures in a field of specialization.
- Competent to perform and complete difficult assignments, broad in nature, with latitude for unreviewed action.
- Understands design theory and has demonstrated the ability to read and prepare drawings.
- Travel is required 15% of the time - internationally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Known as America's #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. The facility in Manitowoc, WI is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, or medical condition. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge and abilities, and the feasibility of any necessary job accommodation(s).