Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We recognize that to remain the industry leader we must continue to grow and evolve our business in a rapidly changing industry. We are achieving this, not only by opening new stores, but by transforming our technological landscape and making data a central component of our strategy. The Business Analytics team, one of the fastest growing teams in the company, is leading this change. We are responsible for driving the insights, recommendations, and developing the decision support tools that influence the strategic direction of the company.
Under minimal Supervision support the business needs of an enterprise-owned metadata repository through providing standard data definitions, accurate business rules/calculations, and complete traceability and lineage of governed data within the Discount Tire systems. This position is a recognized data management expert that collaborates with different business and technical teams on projects with organization-wide impact that includes but is not limited to formulating strategies and processes that will increase sophistication and accuracy to our technical data management environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes Ingestion Documents following standards and develops standards on the framework for Ingestion, interacting with business and technical SMEs along with BSA and Data Engineering team members.
- Designs and implements mechanisms to support ingestion documents structure updates and manages the collection metadata items required for effective data lake hydration, included but not limited to business concepts, extraction rules and data origin.
- Executes Data Profiling and develops standards on implementing a framework for Data Profiling. Evaluates the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently profile multiple data sets.
- Designs the mechanisms and conducts data quality assessments to proactively identify data quality problems. Proposes rules and actions to be taken as part of data quality process to minimize the risk of data inaccuracy.
- Investigates standards on implementing a framework for metadata items collection, storage and availability.
- Designs and implements mechanisms to socialize metadata and data lineage to make them systematically available for business and technical users.
- Documents the business concepts associated to specific datasets by collaborating with business and technical SMEs to understand business rules.
- Defines the approach and develops business glossary to standardize and communicate business context of enterprise KPIs, metrics and attributes.
- Creates, publishes and enhances source to target mapping documents for the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts following standards to consistently and accurately represent business rules and data transformations. In addition, develops standards on implementing and improving the framework for source to target mapping.
- Reviews and determines if source to target documents are consistent and the business rules are accurately represented by data transformations.
- Contributes to the development conceptual and logical data models in collaboration with data engineers and BI architects.
- Influences and proposes changes to data models standards, shares knowledge with data modeling team to ensure that there are not missing relationships across datasets.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external teams to influence them through the adoption of data management and data governance standards and practices to ensure consistent and appropriate use throughout the organization.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to metadata analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of demonstrated working experience in Metadata Management
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience of metadata concepts including but not limited to items collection, repositories, technical and/or business content and data lineage.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience working with data governance.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in Information Technology and Data Management.
- Demonstrated working experience on cloud-based or serverless environments is preferred.
- Demonstrated working experience on relational databases, Advanced SQL skills is required. Kimball's methodology is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience working with data quality concepts, dimensions and measurements.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Solid computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization is necessary.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations.
- Development of project documentation, presentation materials and presenting to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required. Delivers high quality documents.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in information technology, statistics or other quantitative field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary