Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Senior Network Administrator leads the set-up, configuration and support of the network infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines systems configurations based on system engineering strategy and design, including, but not limited to, applications, security and network configurations
- Ensures network administration maintenance is completed accurately and timely
- Ensures network service, network security, and telecommunications service are configured and maintained accurately and timely; resolves complex network service, network security and telecommunications issues; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues
- Leads projects within networking group
- Researches and analyzes networking solutions; ensures networking solutions align with infrastructure strategy
- Ensures maintenance and implementation of network disaster recovery architecture and operations is completed accurately and timely
- Mentors and trains Network Administrators I and II
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to networking procedures and services
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires five years of progressive network infrastructure experience.
- IT experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following systems is necessary: network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud environment, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing, switching, data privacy, security, and telecommunication systems.
- Advanced knowledge of network services availability, performance, and security required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary.
- Advanced understanding of multiple networking tools, including, but not limited to, Nmap, Sam Spade, NetScanTools Pro, SuperScan, NetCat, Ethereal, EtterCap, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump, DSniff, Fport, PsTools, Tlist, Tasklist, and Process Killer is needed.
- This position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field, or equivalent experience. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday, with on-call rotation including weekends. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.