View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Senior Network Engineer
Security Clearance required: Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: A Network Engineer is expected to be a network professional with experience in complex data and telecommunications systems design, development, management, and evaluation. Provides full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
Great team player with positive attitude, has VERY good Visio documentation skill and possess exceptionally high customer service skill and commitment to excellent customer support.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and MAN Infrastructure
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco network equipment for LAN/WAN solutions
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Conduct Site Survey and Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects & O&M as required
- Some after hours On-call support and travel maybe required
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must have Secret clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- CCNP or higher certification required
- 7+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Project management experience in relation to Network Engineering/Architecture projects is highly desired
- Wide Area Networks experience
- Large-Scale Network Exp. with MPLS and BGP
- Experience with building out network, Design/Documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of network management, and security standards and industry best practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols,
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience deploying Quality of Service (QoS) in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.